Red Rocks Surgery Center is located in Golden, Colorado and is a multi-specialty surgery center providing a broad range of outpatient surgical services for patients.
How is the Surgery Center Different from a Hospital?
Because a hospital must be staffed and equipped to treat all types of medical problems, it provides a much broader range of services than your current needs may require. Since the surgery center is designed exclusively for short stay surgery, we are able to offer patients a convenient, comfortable and generally less costly alternative to the hospital.
The center’s warm surroundings and the increased level of individual attention from our staff minimize the stress often associated with surgery. Our pleasant atmosphere is particularly helpful in easing the fears of children who are scheduled for surgery. The center is similar to a hospital in three respects:
- Your surgeon is supported by a highly skilled team of registered nurses and medical technicians specially trained in surgical and recovery care.
- Our surgical suites and sophisticated equipment are like those of a large hospital.
- If scheduled, Board Certified Anesthesiologists will be involved in your care and will be visiting with you upon admittance.
As a customer at our facility, you have responsibilities as well as rights. You can help yourself by being responsible in the following ways:
- Be Honest- You are responsible for being honest and direct about everything that relates to you as a patient. Tell those who are caring for you exactly how you feel about the things that are happening to you.
- Understand- You are responsible for understanding your health problems to your own satisfaction. If you do not understand your illness or treatment, ask your physician and others about it. Be sure you understand. Understanding your health problems is important for the success of the treatment plans.
- Follow the Treatment Plan - It is your responsibility to advise the people treating you whether or not you think you can, and want, to follow a certain treatment plan.
- Report Changes - It is your responsibility to tell the physician about any changes in your health.
- Keep Appointments - You are responsible for keeping appointments. If you cannot keep an appointment, you should notify the physician and surgery center as early as possible so that another patient can be scheduled.
- Know your Medicines - It is your responsibility to know the names of the medications that you have been taking, as well as what you are taking them for.
- Know your financial obligations- It is your responsibility to know the financial implications of your treatment. If you have questions regarding the cost of treatment or the kinds of coverage available for these costs, please contact the Business Office.
Our organization is required by law to make its services available to all people in the community. This facility is not allowed to discriminate against customers on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, or insurance provider.
If you believe you have been improperly denied services at our facility, please contact the Administrator at (720) 420-3000.
Red Rocks Surgery Center is a smoke free campus.
A telephone is available in our lobby and all patient rooms. To place a local call, first dial 9 and then the phone number.
The center is not responsible for any loss of personal value. We strongly recommend that you leave all money, credit cards, jewelry and other valuables at home.
Family members and friends are welcomed at our facility. We welcome your guests and ask that they abide by the following rules:
- Visitors are asked to speak quietly and to avoid unnecessary noise that may disturb other customers.
- Smoking by visitors is not allowed on the Red Rocks Surgery Center Campus.
- During times of treatment or nursing care, visitors will be asked to leave the room.
- Food or fluids should not be accepted from anyone unless approved by your nurse.
- Persons with colds, sore throats, or symptoms of other transmissible diseases are asked to refrain from visiting.
The Medical Staff, Nursing Staff, and Administration of Red Rocks Surgery Center are committed to excellence in the care of every patient. It is our intent that all patients receive a level of care that meets or exceeds their needs. Patients or their legal representatives are encouraged to inform us if they feel such needs were not met.
You may initiate a grievance/complaint by calling or sending a written report to either of the following:
Terri Bartunek, Administrator
Red Rocks Surgery Center
400 Indiana St, Suite 100
Golden, CO, 80401
If you feel that the resolution of your grievance or complaint has not been met to your satisfaction, we will provide you with the address of the Colorado State Board of Medical Examiners, The State Board of Dental Examiners, the Colorado Podiatry Board and/or the Colorado Department of Health and Environment Health Facilities Division.
The goal of everyone at Red Rocks Surgery Center is to deliver premium care in an environment most relaxing for the patient. No one is better qualified to measure our success than a former patient. Please complete the confidential Patient Evaluation Form and return it within ten days. This allows us to be made aware of any new concerns or complications.
We recognize that you have a choice when it comes to your surgery. Thank you for allowing us to provide you with a new standard of excellence.